Combining two of our favourite things – biscuits and avocados, duh – Kawaii Cakes have come up with a quick and easy recipe for the most adorable smiling avo cookies.
Eating these is basically like getting one of your five a-day, right? What do you mean, ‘no’? BUT LOOK HOW ADORABLE THEY ARE.
Tag your friend who loves avocados waaay too muchRecipe and more cute pics 👉 http://bit.ly/2xsyMah
Публикувахте от Cosmopolitan UK в 23 август 2017 г.
Almost too cute to eat. Almost.
To make the Avocado Cookies at home, you’ll need:
- 1 batch ready-baked Vanilla Sugar Cookies, shaped with an avocado template
- An avocado template
- Icing sugar for dusting
- A little marmalade
- 500g white fondant icing, coloured cream with a drop of yellow food colouring
- Green, brown and pink edible dusting powders
- A little vodka or gin
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Black edible food pen (fine-tip), for face details
- Dust your work surface with icing sugar, then roll out the white sugar paste. Cut avocado shapes out of the paste using the template.
- Roughly paint the ready-baked cookies with marmalade. Stick the sugar paste avocado shapes onto the cookies and leave to dry.
- Using a plate as a paint palette, sprinkle separate piles of the green, brown and pink dusting powders and mix each colour with a little vodka or gin to make a paint.
- Use a small brush to paint the green edge, and then blur it a little towards the centre using your finger. Use the brown to paint the stone and the pink for the cheeks.
- Decorate your cookies with faces using the edible pen. You can also decorate little tortilla chip companions for your avocados.
To find more recipes like this, check out Juliet Sear’s full book below.