Homemade acne face masks are excellent natural remedies for getting rid of acne breakouts and eliminating acne scars. These recipes include a variety of ingredients that help nourish your skin and eliminate acne-related problems.
Honey, which is used in all the three masks we are preparing today, hydrates your skin, keeps it soft by preserving moisture, and promotes skin cell renewal.
It is highly beneficial for acne-prone skin because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Its anti-inflammatory nature also helps reduce redness and inflammation caused by acne and pimples. It is best to use raw, organic honey rather than processed honey as the latter may irritate your skin.
Ingredients such as cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, green tea, turmeric, and milk are also useful in reducing acne and acne scars.
- Like honey, cinnamon has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The alpha hydroxyl acids in apple cider vinegar help unclog skin pores and dissolve dead skin cells. Moreover, apple cider vinegar treats blemishes, restores the natural pH of your skin, and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Green tea is packed with antioxidants that fight harmful free radicals and help you maintain bright, flawless, and younger-looking skin. It too has anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Turmeric is good for treating skin problems, owing to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also helps fade blemishes and acne scars.
- Raw milk contains lactic acid that works as a gentle exfoliant and delivers anti-aging benefits.
Here are recipes for Apple Cider Vinegar Acne Face Mask/Scrub. Make sure you remove all makeup and wash your face thoroughly before applying these natural face packs. Cleansing your face helps unclog pores and allows the masks to penetrate deep into your skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar Acne Face Mask/Scrub
Things you will need:
• Apple cider vinegar
• Green tea
• A teaspoon
• A bowl
- Put one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of cooled green tea.
- Next, add five teaspoons of sugar.
- Finally, put one teaspoon of honey in it
- Stir the mixture well. For a thicker consistency, add more sugar.
Spread the mask on your face using a cotton pad and massage it for a few minutes to remove dead skin cells and improve circulation.
The sugar in this recipe works as a natural exfoliant helpful in breaking up scar tissue and unclogging skin pores. Leave the mask on for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Use this beauty mask about once or twice a week.